pictures of my kids plus my own random ramblings...
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Hard Core
I'm a frugal person, but today I went hard core and bought the ingredients (on sale and with coupons, of course) to make my own laundry detergent. I'll let you know how it goes. Oh, and don't tell Josh.
I went through that phase, but I did it with household cleaners. I made a glass cleaner that worked particularly well. Does your laundry detergent recipe include borax? Will you be adding a scent to it? I'm interested to know how much money you are saving because laundry detergent is expensive. The good stuff anyway.
Wouldn't it be easier just to quit wearing so many clean clothes? Your detergent cost will only be 1/4 of what it is now if you extend the wearing of each outfit to 4 days. You'd save on water and electricity, too.
6 comments:
I went through that phase, but I did it with household cleaners. I made a glass cleaner that worked particularly well. Does your laundry detergent recipe include borax? Will you be adding a scent to it? I'm interested to know how much money you are saving because laundry detergent is expensive. The good stuff anyway.
Wouldn't it be easier just to quit wearing so many clean clothes? Your detergent cost will only be 1/4 of what it is now if you extend the wearing of each outfit to 4 days. You'd save on water and electricity, too.
yep, that's what I do. Well at least with jeans and skirts...unless ava or elle marks them.
you go oh money saving momma... I for sure want to hear a follow up post on how this works out : )
Katy came up with a good blog name: Money Savin'Momma
Post a Comment