OK, after this post I promise to not mention the lovebugs again. Maybe.
They are so bad down here. I keep the kids in the house pretty much from 10AM on. An essential part of my daily schedule (and I don't have much of a daily schedule) is vacuuming up dead lovebugs with the Dustbuster. I don't even know how they're getting in the house, but at least the ones I see are mostly dead. The last time I remember them being this bad was in College Station is 2004.
The question is, are they bad in B/CS this year, for those of you who live there? Or is it just because we moved further southeast and this is how they are every year down here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
o.k...not to make you miss b/cs...but...I've seen one (pair of course). :) I'm serious. I just saw them at Target for the first time today. Maybe they just haven't made it here yet. Or...maybe they just don't like me or my house which would be even better.
I haven't seen a single one (or two, since they seem to prefer to travel in pairs)
Jason says the trucks coming in to Tx Truck Riggins from Houston and Rockdale are pretty thick with them on their bumpers, though.
So, I've been reading a few others blogs that are mentioning the "love bugs" and it sounds to me like its exceptionally bad in southeast Texas THIS year... hopefully it won't be all fall and hopefully not every year...They've also mentioned that they can ruin your auto paint within 24 hours...so I hope that your hose is in good working order!
Or you could drive more slowly, so as not to get bug guts all over your paint!
Post a Comment