Sunday, May 13, 2007

Funny Kids

The kids are starting to play a lot better together, meaning that Kellen is becoming slightly more tolerant and Bonnie is getting old enough to realize what he's doing; even if she knocks down the tower of blocks that he's building while trying to add to it, he seems to realize that it's a big step that she "gets it." Bonnie is also starting to hit Kellen - hard - but he's really pretty good about not hitting back, or at least waiting until he thinks I'm not looking. I hear a lot of, "Bonnie, no crying, no whining, use your big girl words. You need to obey Kellen." Hmmm, I wonder where he came up with that?

Also, Kellen has added to his repertoire of Made-up Phrases That Actually Make Sense (remember, the first one is pepper sauce, for salsa). Yesterday we were going to Mi Cocina (yum!) to eat lunch and Kellen said we were going to the Hungry House. So, we went to the Hungry House and ate some pepper sauce.

I was glad to be able to catch this face of Bonnie's on camera. This is a very common face, made most often when she's saying, "Noooo." If you haven't heard Bonnie say no, just imagine a siren going up and then down.




4 comments:

Lesley said...

Love the new pictures. Happy mother's day! I can't believe it's only been like two and a half months since I saw the kids...they have both changed so much! Hope to see y'all again soon.

davemaz said...

Great shots - glad to see Kellen in such a good mood, and that one picture is soooooo Bonnie.

Enjoyed babysitting on Friday. Glad the rest of the weekend was good, and (in retrospect) Happy Mother's Day. Love, Dad

that's Headley! Jewelry Designs said...

These pictures are great - and keep those MUPTAMS coming - they're a hoot!

Lesley said...

What's a MUPTAM? And don't say "Nothing, what's a muptam with you?"