Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Domesticity
I never took a home ec class. My mom, though an accomplished seamstress (she made my wedding dress and lots of other dresses before that), never taught me to sew until last year; even then, she usually ends up "doing" my projects rather than "helping" with them. Even so, I love the idea of sewing, baking, cooking, all those domestic things. Unfortunately, the reality of 2 active toddlers in the house leaves me little time to pursue my dream of, you know, making stuff. But tonight I did. I made no-cook, super-easy homemade strawberry freezer jam. Hey, it's a start.
The question is, does it still count if you eat it on canned biscuits?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
uhhh....yes of course! Can bisquits are awesome! way to domesticate.
it totally counts! I call waffles homemade if they are made from a mix instead of frozen in the toaster! was it yummy?
Canned biscuits still require baking, so sure it counts! You'll have to let us know how the jam tastes. It look delicious!
If you have to turn the oven on instead of using the microwave, it SO counts. :) At least it does in our house. Love all the new pictures...hopefully we'll get together some time this summer. I'm predicting I'll be needing my Sweet Eugene's fix around late July.
Well done. Chad and I tried making prickly pear fruit jelly after we first moved to Arizona, and it turned out to be so much trouble. The worst part was it didn't turn out at all. We had more like prickly pear syrup, which I got rid of, but then I found out they sell it in all the tourist traps in Prescott! I should have kept it and marketed it as authentic. Good job...I've been wanting to make freezer jam.
Post a Comment