Monday, May 19, 2008

Boring Update

So, I think I've forced several people to listen to problems relating to the appraisal of our new house and the hard time I was having finding someone to deliver the baby who, ready or not, will be here in 2 1/2 months. Thanks for listening and here's an update.

1) The builder had to lower the price of our new house by $7000, due to there just not being any comparable sales near the house. Bummer for him, but we'll take it.

2) I was finally able to get an appointment with a doctor in Kingwood. I know nothing about this practice (Northeast Womens' Healthcare, anyone?), but the office staff was professional and competent, and they didn't act like no one has ever moved in the middle of her pregnancy.

This week will be busy with wrapping up the details for the new house (we're closing on Friday). I felt horrible with some sort of stomach bug today, but thankfully no one called wanting to see the house. 

Bonnie made my day today. I had made lunch for the kids, which was a gourmet meal of half a PB&J sandwich each, some apple, and some Sun Chips. When she climbed into her seat and saw what it was, she said, "Oh, bo-ey*!" It was nice to feel appreciated.

*That's "oh boy" for those of you who don't speak Texan.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

That was cute about Bonnie. I wish Chad would say Oh boy when I put PB&J in front of him.

Sarah said...

Too cute about Bonnie. Also, you may check with Erin Malone about the doctor. She delivered in Kingwood and really liked her doctor...there's a link to her blog on my page. Jarrod also used to have an account in Liberty, so I'll see if he still knows the pharmacy director there and can get any info for you... : )

BTW: Great family picture and cute program pictures!

davemaz said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. Bonnie's comments always lift me, even when I'm not there. Love y'all.

Lesley said...

Even "Nooo" and "I don't want to"?

Tiffany Meagan said...

If you want to know some things about kingwood, Shannon just moved from there last year. I am sure she would be able to help you out around the town. Shannon was the teacher in the classroom right next to mine. If you are really interested I can give you her number. she has three little girls so i am sure she has dealt with the doctors in the area a time or two :) Just a thought :)