Sunday, June 3, 2007

Kellen

Kellen has been doing some different things lately. I won't be able to remember them in order so I'll just say a few.

*Yesterday, he looked at Bonnie and said "I love you, Bonnie."

*This morning, he decided for the first time to take part in the song service at church. It was a situation that was interesting because I had 2 conflicting thoughts: 1) Oh, how sweet. I'm so glad he's getting to the age where he wants to participate. Maybe we're doing something right. 2) Man, I'm sure glad we're sitting in the second-to-last row in the balcony, with no one in front of us. See, Kellen was singing L-O-U-D-L-Y and we're not quite sure what he was singing about, although I'm sure I picked out the word "tigers" in there somewhere. When I asked him later what he was singing about in church, he did say animals.

*I think he's just one of those kids who's, um, particular. Like, he will freak out if he spills a little of his drink on himself, yelling, "I don't want to make a mess! I can't make a mess!" Not that he's opposed to messes, he just wants to control them.

Kellen is also using the potty some. It helps that Bonnie likes to sit on the potty, too. Not that we're ANYWHERE NEAR being potty trained. I wouldn't be surprised if they trained at the same time.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Thanks, I love these stories. And I think it's time you put a story about you and Josh on here in honor of your 7th anniversary.

Angela Robinson said...

Awwww...congratulations on 7 years!

We may have to start sitting in the balcony. I've always thought there needed to be more song lyrics about tigers in our church hymnal.