Then, last Wednesday the 20th, we loaded up the whole family, all our worldly possessions, and about 15 lbs. of sunscreen and headed for San Antonio by way of Boerne (and of course, the outlet mall once again). We stopped in Boerne to visit my good friend Tonya and her two boys Corban and Esan. Kellen and Corban had a great time playing and doing boy stuff, and Tonya and I had a great visit.
Then, it was on to San Antonio and my dad. We met him at Chuy's (goodbye, diet) for dinner and then headed out to his house. Luckily, the deer in my dad's neighborhood let the humans live there. I think Josh counted 17 deer in one yard on the way in. Dad was a great host and we really enjoyed our time at his house.
Thursday morning, we loaded up the fam and went to Sea World (goodbye, money). We had a great time and I think the highlight for Kellen was feeding the dolphins. The kids did great but they were pooped by 3:00 so we called it a day and headed home.
On Friday, Dad took the day off and we did some swimming and went to Chuy's for yet another fat- and sodium-fest. The kids and I took a good long nap and that night, my good friend Dionne and her husband Barry joined us for dinner at Dad's house.
On Saturday, we were off to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels for some fun in the sun (well, there wasn't too much sun). We had a great time. Kellen was made for Schlitterbahn. Most of the time he and Bonnie hung out in the toddler section with the little pirate ship and slides, but we did manage to ride a few rides and he did great. I don't have any pictures of Schlitterbahn because 1)I didn't want my camera to get wet and 2)I didn't want there to be any chance of me being in a picture in my bathing suit.
So, we had a great couple of weeks. The kids were pretty good while we were out of our element, but of course everyone is glad to sleep in his own bed tonight. Oh, and we did make one last stop at the outlet mall on our way home.
Dionne and me on Dad's deck
5 comments:
yeah thanks for the update! Love the pictures. Your kids are so cute. Outlet malls are always on the "way" to wherever we are going to! :)
Looks like you had fun!! I didn't know that Tonya had 2.5 kids!!
Just wanted to say that you are looking fabulous! I noticed at church not to long ago, but these pics really show it! Just wanted you to know!
I LOVE that picture of Kellen and Bonnie sitting on the little stone wall. That is a definite must for their senior slideshows/weddings/etc.
Sea World is the best! We went for the first time for our 5 year anniversary a couple of years ago. I was the giddy "adult" fighting for a spot between all the kids to pet the dolphins!!
Good times!
Post a Comment