Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break 2010

We went to San Antonio this year for Spring Break. Josh goes to the state basketball tournament every year, and that was the end of last week, so the plan was for us to just pick him up near Austin and head for my dad's house. So, I had all the bags packed, the house reasonably clean, and books on CD checked out to entertain the kiddos and we headed out on Sunday. We got less than one exit down and Noelle threw up. So the kids and I headed back, I got her and her seat cleaned up, we waited about an hour to make sure she was OK, and headed out again. She threw up a couple of times on the way, but we picked Josh up and made it to Dad's house.

We started out the week-o-activies with an IMAX movie for everyone except me and Noelle on Monday morning. Then we waited in the first of our many lines (apparently everyone else went to SA this week, too) and took a river tour. That was fun and the weather was perfect.
After lunch, we headed over to the Tower of the Americas so we could cross that off our bucket list. (I know you can't read the article, but trust me, this was in it.) OK, been in one tower, been in 'em all. I've been in the Eiffel Tower and that view was a bit more interesting. But Kellen loved it.
We were trying to get Bonnie to smile in this picture, and my dad was talking.
On the way out of the Hemisfair, I wanted to get the kids' picture in front of the gorgeous Texas Mountain Laurel. Man, I love that stuff.


On Tuesday, we had to stay at Dad's house because the big kids both started throwing up on Monday night. So we took a little break that day. Which was good because Wednesday was busy.

We started out Wednesday taking Kellen and Bonnie to the Kiddie Park. That was great.



We went back to Dad's house and spent some time at the playground in his neighborhood and watching a movie, and then the big event: Dad had gotten tickets for Disney on Ice. He and I went with the big kids, while Josh stayed home with Noelle.

Apparently I can never get a good picture of everyone.
Hey, this one's pretty good.

The funniest thing about Disney on Ice was that while Bonnie was truly entranced, Kellen could not suspend his disbelief. Here are a few of his remarks:

"How do they do that?" (stuff coming down from the ceiling, etc. "Magic" was not an acceptable answer.)
"Those are just people under those costumes."
"They're pretending they don't know were Minnie is, but they really do."

Noelle's main source of entertainment was chasing the (thankfully tolerant) cat.
Thanks, Dad, for such a great time! We had fun.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Sorry the kids got sick, but it looks like y'all managed to have a good time anyway. Bonnie looks more grown up every time I see a picture of her, Kellen was so cute playing soccer, and Noelle is always adorable. Thanks for all the pictures and the update!

davemaz said...

It was a blast, Erin, and thanks for the opportunity to spend time with you all.