Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kellen's First Day


Kellen's first day of PreK was today. The kids usually sleep a little late on Thursdays since we go to church on Wednesday nights, so when I woke him up he asked for "just a few more minutes." Yeah, you'll be asking for that the rest of your life. Anyway, he was up and at 'em a few moments after that. I fixed his breakfast and we got to spend a few minutes alone since the girls weren't up yet. These are the best pictures I could get today. Kellen's in a weird picture taking funk. He gives a goofy smile and his eyes look to the side.


When we got to school, all Kellen really wanted to do was get started on the activity that Mrs. Becky had set out for the kids to do. But he had to give her his papers, put up his rest blanket, pillow, and teddy bear, and go hang his backpack on the hook.

The school he's going to this year is on the property of my mom's church, and we have known his teacher for many years (in fact, her father-in-law worked with my granddad and they were good friends). Josh and I feel blessed to have a place that we know Kellen will enjoy and have full days of learning and fun. He will go 8 to 3:15 every day. It's already very quiet in the house.

4 comments:

The Best Family said...

cute!! they grow up too fast, dont they? love the pic of him and daddy... so sweet!

Lisa said...

Love it! Can't wait to hear the "official" report of how the day went. I'm sure you'll get more than "fine" from K!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

wow... can it really be you have a school age child... wow where does time go.... he is precious and I love the pics.

davemaz said...

Kellen looks so grown up - or maybe resigned. I love the picture where he and Dad are in matching uniforms. What a big day!