Monday, August 24, 2009

How it's going

I was looking at the blog and thinking I've just been doing a whole lot of posting about the Big Events of life, and not enough about the mundane stuff. And I like to read other people's mundane stuff, so there you go.

Right now it's 11:09PM and I can't sleep. It's been a long time since that happened. I'm going to be honest. I have lots of energy. Kellen is at school all day, and the girls are really easy to take care of. Noelle still takes two naps. Bonnie likes to play by herself, or she will help me with housework. Also, my mom helps out a lot by doing dishes, picking Noelle up when it's almost dinnertime, watching a kid or two so I can run errands or take another one to the doctor, etc. But, it's very clear who the life of the party is around here. Kellen does not like to be by himself one bit, and all the time he is here I spend interacting with him (both in good and challenging ways). Kellen was made for school. He loves the friends, the recess, the activities, the schedule, the incentives for good behavior, getting to show off what you know, being the line leader, and all that other stuff. He's having a ball.

Josh is up and running with coaching and school. He's teaching physics. He has cross country practice every day; tomorrow it's at 6 in the morning, and he has a 30 minute drive (ouch!). They're also getting geared up for basketball season.

I took Bonnie back to get her glasses prescription checked today. The good news is she's not seeing any worse. The other news is that she's not seeing any better. Apparently it's a little tough to prescribe glasses to a 3-year-old who doesn't want to be there. We're supposed to go back in 3 months to see if things have changed. The opthamologist (sp?) said it's a good sign that she's willing to wear her glasses all the time.

As for me, I started Weight Watchers again (I'm a repeat offender) back in April and so far I've lost 23.2 lbs. I still have a long way to go, but it's a good start.

And Noelle? She's spoiled. But so very cute.

7 comments:

Me said...

I like the mundane stuff too...it reminds me that everyone else has the day to day grind too.

Angela Robinson said...

Fun post, Erin. I'll take mundane, any day.

Congrats on the weight loss--that's awesome! I had noticed how great you looked in Kellen's first day of school photo, but completely forgot to mention it. But you do look great.

Lesley said...

I, too, enjoy the mundane postings, especially if it's my sister writing them about her and her family. So keep it up!

Jenny said...

Hey, thanks for sharing your mundane with us! I like to know how you are REALLY doing :) Hope y'all continue to do well. Miss ya.

Perks said...

Enjoyed the post!

Wow! 23# is a lot!! Way to go!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I enjoy the mundane stuff - I guess I need to do a little mundane posting myself.

davemaz said...

Doesn't seem so mundane to me. Seems more like those little details that let family and friends feel like they're close. I love 'em.