Oh, and I noticed the weather forecast has been modified. It's not going to cool down very much at all next week. Bummer.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Your wish...
...is my command. Here are some MOST exciting pictures of my front yard. I really need to be doing other things than going outside to take pictures and then post to the blog, so please be properly appreciative.=) This first picture is the right side of our house. That's Bonnie's window. You can see the 2 wax myrtles I just planted. They flank the bulbine.
And here are the replanted artemisia. Not looking too great, huh? We'll see how they do here.
Again on the right side. Those are vincas (annuals) which I hope to replace with my lantanas in a few weeks. Maybe the lantana would do better here. I also want to add some more daylilies to this side of the house. I plan on ordering some from Oakes.
my backyard "landscaping"
The front of the house. You can kind of see the new trees. The ash is on the left and the live oak on the right.
This is the left side of the house. In the back are oleander, then the new ferns and irises (which didn't bloom this year). In the very front I recently planted marigolds. They are blooming quite well.
The purple trailing lantana are doing pretty well:
And this is a new gold lantana + lots of rain this summer + planted in a spot right next to a sprinkler head. Nice and bushy, right? I'll be transplanting this guy.
Here is a trouble spot. This is one side of the sidewalk. I need some low bushes that don't mind moisture to go here. Another day, another paycheck.
OK, really. We're having people for dinner tonight and I need to go make a casserole. But I do need positive reinforcement so please feel free to comment away!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You need to come plant something in my front flowerbed it is so sad.
Yeah I noticed that too last night and I was really sad...I think it's only going to drop a few degrees, which won't put a dent in the heat! Great job on all the plants...that is a lot of work! Emily, I'll do your flowerbed if you buy the stuff! I love spending other people's money!
Again, I think your flowerbed looks really good - I loved the Lantana (I yearned for lantana the whole time I was in IL). We've got some here that the "raindeer" haven't found yet (I put out a bunch of corn every night so I avoid that). Maybe there is too much water, but the bush is beautiful! And for wet areas, you may want to avoid daylilies - they seem to do well in well-drained places.
Post a Comment