Thursday, July 5, 2007

What I Just Saw

I really like the mile loop around my neighborhood that goes past my house. It goes past the park, which is great, but my favorite part is the undeveloped stretch of street that I get to walk through. If I'm walking at the right time of day, either very early morning or after the sun sets, it really feels like I'm back at church camp. Anyway, I digress. Tonight I was taking Kellen on a leisurely walk through the neighborhood - leisurely because he was walking, too. When we got home it was just starting to get dark, but I saw a little buzzing around my flowers in front. It was too big to be a bee; you guessed it, it was a little bitty hummingbird! I called Kellen and Josh out of the house and they were able to see it, too. Maybe this is a common thing, but I don't think I've ever actually seen a hummingbird eating out of a flower. It was beautiful. God's creation is so neat.

No comments: