Monday, March 26, 2007

Dare I Speculate?

One person has moved out of our house and another has moved in. We have been living with a toddler who was competing for the prize of having his picture in the dictionary under the definition of "Terrible Two's." (Adult: "Kellen, would you like a cookie?" Toddler (wailing and crying): "NOOOO! I can't have a COOOOKIE!") While we loved this toddler very much, we clung to the hope that he would not live with us forever, and last week, without notice, he moved out. Fortunately, a loving, sweet boy (Mom: "Kellen, let's put your shoes on." Kellen (smiling): "OK, Mommy.") has taken his place. While this boy does not take a nap, either, he is pleasant to have as company while his little sister sleeps, and his mother looks forward to their one-on-one time. This toddler has not hit his sister more than one or two times, usually only has to sit in time out a couple of times a day, and is in general a joy to be around. We have been praying for this little boy to come live at our house and God has answered our prayer. We are thankful!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

That's great. Maybe the "Terrific Threes" (is that a real term?) are coming early to your house.

Angela Robinson said...

Congratulations on the new tenant!

Unknown said...

So, what was your prayer...the EXACT WORDS. We're kind of looking for a certain 2 year old to move and be replaced with a nice, obedient, sweet 2 year old! At least now I know he's normal!

emma said...

I'm with Lisa, I need you to email me a copy of EXACTLY what you said to God...you'd think I had an inside track with Him, but I think not! :) Elle had an amazing display of 2ness yesterday because I asked her to sit at her little table and cut out a picture and glue it on her paper. Maybe her next activity should be to read, "Don't sweat the small stuff"

davemaz said...

And all without an exorcist. I just whispered to him that his Daddy was really going to law school, and he vanished!