Thursday, January 18, 2007

Day 4, Day 4...

...sun and moon and stars galore. OK, I couldn't help myself. If you know my children, you can probably imagine how we are holding up. Things are getting a little wild. Since Josh (JV lost but Varsity won at Belton) isn't home I had them fed tonight by 5:30. Bonnie is in her PJs and I'm just waiting for a decent time to put her to bed (decent being 6:30 in Bonnieworld. Oh, don't be jealous. She'll be begging for attention early tomorrow morning. Still working on that.). Being at home has at least saved some money, but my Target list keeps growing (things like, a holder for all of our DVDs and D batteries for the flashlight - things I didn't know I needed until I was home compulsively organizing for 4 days) so we'll see. Yesterday, Kellen told me, "I think that'll be fine." I don't remember what he thought would be fine, but the sentence cracked me up. Also, today was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Kellen was trying to pull up his pants after a diaper change and pulled the front WAY up like Pat from SNL but the back was still below the diaper. He didn't want to admit he needed help so he just walked around like that for awhile. I was laughing out loud. Also, Bonnie can now crawl up into the small rocking chairs that we have. I guess I'll have to put them up for now. But now I hear shouting, laughing, and the fireplace mesh screen being vigorously shaken so I'd better go check things out. Hopefully we'll get out tomorrow!

4 comments:

Me said...

Nothing like a little cold weather and a few days "snow bound" to help you clean and organize things! Hope you guys defrost and dry out some over the next few days!

Lesley said...

I love the stories. I guess Kellen got over his problem with not liking having his waistband above his bellybutton. Too bad, that was a fun game to play. I can just hear him saying "I think that will be fine" in his little Kellen voice. Very cute.

sarahdawn said...

Hey Tripp did that same deal with the pants on Christmas Eve except he was wearing undies. His teeny tiny little white rump was just hanging out. It was a hoot!

Angela Robinson said...

LOL....I love the comment about cabin fever-induced hyper-organization! I can totally understand. Jason and I just about bought out Walmart (all the while, making fun of the fact that panic-stricken winter storm over-preparers had stripped the shelves bare of bottled water and other "staples")

Very funny post. The "Pat" story made me laugh a lot!