Monday, June 8, 2009

Where to Start?

We got moved. My dad took the big kids for a couple of fun days in San Antonio, and Josh and I drove up here on Friday, May 29. The next morning, the truck was unloaded and we spent that day trying to get organized. On Sunday the 31st Josh flew back to Houston, because he had to teach last week. I met my dad and got Kellen and Bonnie back. Last week was spent unpacking. My mom, of course, has been a huge help with the kids. Her stuff is mostly packed away, so we've been able to make it feel like our house. I've ordered a new camcorder and I want to take a video of our setup. If I can make it work I'll post it. The big kids are in day camp/VBS on Tuesdays and Thursdays in June. Josh has already gotten to work with baskeball camp and going to summer league games. He told me it's a relief to be coaching again. He was a lame duck for a couple of months in Liberty and didn't get to do much coaching.


So, here are a few pictures. The first one is Noelle playing music with the AC return air vent at the old house. I guess I'd packed all the toys by then. Why do we even buy toys anyway? And here we are having fun at the new house:



This past weekend Josh's best friend since the 2nd grade Justin got married. And by the authority vested in him by the state of Texas and the Universal Life Church (yeah, he rushed through that part), Josh performed the ceremony. Here is the little chapel near Buda where they got married.




















And last but not least, we found the long-lost dress-up box!











5 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

gLAD YOU are all settled in... enjoy your summer.

Lesley said...

Thanks for the update. I just want to squeeze Noelle's cheeks. I'm glad y'all had a good time this past weekend.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you're "here." We want to come and see you! Ethan would be drooling over that slip-n-slide and you won't be able to get Rachel out of the dress-up clothes. Glad you're feeling settled.

davemaz said...

As always, Bonnie shows perfect taste in her clothes. Love the combination of the Princess skirt and hat, and the Cheerleader sweater! Of course, "P" could always be Princess!

Angela Robinson said...

Great pictures! Glad you are getting into a groove in your new digs. LOVE the photo of you and Josh--you look GORGEOUS!