We will be moving to Weatherford, where my mom lives. It's about 20 miles west of Forth Worth on I-20. We've lived there before, for 2 years, before Kellen was born. We feel like this will be a good location for us to settle. It is, of course, close to my mom, and about halfway between my dad, in San Antonio, and most of the rest of our family, in Lubbock.
Four years ago, my grandparents had a house built where they could live together with my mom since they needed help at the time (full-time caregivers). They have both since passed away. We are going to live in that house (Mom is living there now), and my mom will be moving in a few months to her new house in the sticks, which will be about 20 minutes away. She has her own little area upstairs so hopefully we won't drive each other too crazy in the next few months.
Josh has a job offer, but he is still thinking about what he wants to do. Probably, he will lay off coaching for at least a year. He is certified in Composite Science and his Master's degree also gives him the option to go into administration. So he has lots of options.
We've enrolled Kellen in full-day Pre-K next year at a local Christian school. We know both of the ladies who teach Pre-K and are very excited about the new adventures Kellen will have. He is so ready. I've also promised Bonnie gymnastics classes.
Our house here is already sold and closed on. Aren't you glad you didn't have a replay of last year's "house selling report?" We are leasing the house from the buyer until we move. Yes, we are the stupid people who sold 2 houses in less than a year in the worst housing market ever. Oh well.
Any other questions? Shoot!
11 comments:
What's Noelle gonna be doing?
Thanks for the update and have fun in Weahterford... when we visit FTW maybe we can get together.
Weatherford is close to us! :) We will have to play soon! Will be praying for your safe smooth transition!! and job decisions! hugs, whit
What an exciting adventure for your whole family. Be sure and look up Angie and Dustin in Weatherford if you aren't still in contact.
Sounds like you've got it all covered! I'll be praying for smooth transitions all around!
That's exciting news! Y'all are just taking the tour of Texas!
Wahoo! I've been waiting for this update...Lisa kinda spilled the beans a few weeks ago, but I've been dying to ask about it. Now we'll need some serious play dates...often. My kid loves your kids and we've got to work on the whole roommate situation with Logan & Kellen (no, I'm not above stealing him from Ethan...) and Noelle and Elly...
Seriously, we can't wait. When will you guys be here for good?
Lesley, Noelle will be generally causing trouble. She's not crawling yet but manages to get where she wants to go. I'm not exactly sure how.
Sarah, we'll be moving the last weekend of May. Looking forward to seeing y'all!
My only question is when EXACTLY will you be here? I need dates so I'll know exactly when I can visit. :) Can't wait to have you close again. I'm sure Kellen, Ethan and Logan can get into lots of trouble together.
At least you won't have to landscape this house - uh, will you?
No landscaping.
Post a Comment