Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day and Advice Needed

So, most of you know that Josh and I aren't exactly the most sentimental people, but I thought he did rather well for Valentine's day. He got these flowers on his way home last night at midnight. Also, notice the card. Of course, it has a tiger on it (for A&M Consolidated Tigers). Today was a fun day. I watched Ashlyn, the daughter of a friend of mine, all day. She's 14 months old and really cute. The kids played really well together and had fun. It's nice to throw a new kid into the mix every so often.


On to the advice part: This is for those of you with kids or anyone really. We need some sort of outdoor activity for Kellen especially right now. He needs a place to climb and jump, etc. Any suggestions? I need something that is cost effective, not too blazing hot in the summer, and will last for a few years as the kids grow. I need a clue!

10 comments:

erin said...

Oh, I guess I should make clear that the tiger is somewhat of a joke. We're not THAT into school spirit.

Lesley said...

I always liked running through a sprinkler, even if I did have to wear a shower cap to avoid getting another ear infection or getting my ear tubes wet. That doesn't really qualify as climbing but he can run and jump, plus the lawn gets watered!

Lesley said...

By the way, that's a pretty good gift. Chad got me my favorite...Twizzlers! We also went out to eat at our favorite Mexican shack, Hugo's.

erin said...

Thanks for the advice Lesley. I will keep it in mind when summer gets here. What about 40 or 50 degree weather?

The Best Family said...

so this may not be very cost effective, but I swear we have gotten every penny's worth with 4 boys... our big trampoline in our back yard! They play on it more that the playscape we spent tons of money on, the sandbox, and maybe even the basketball goal, which is a close 2nd. Even when it is freezing cold outside, I force them to bundle up and go out and jump for 20 minutes or so to get out some of that 'boy energy.' And then in the summertime, we put a sprinkler under it to cool it off and we jump in our swimsuits.

Lesley said...

You might need to get the mini trampoline. Ummm...for 40 or 50 degree weather...how about go to the park in your neighborhood?

davemaz said...

Erin, I'm stymied but will get onto thinking about it.

dad

emma said...

How about a few different types of balls and a small soccer goal to go on either end of the yard? Trampoline is def. a good idea too. Elle loves her sandbox but it's not a very active thing.

Lesley said...

I like Emma's idea. Kellen likes to throw/kick balls, right?

Me said...

I used to take the boys to the mall before they opened in the morning. When they got older especially they could "walk" it with me and get some energy out. Then there's the mall play area, which when busy didn't work well for us, but first thing in the morning is completely open and available. We used hand sanitizer afterwards, especially during the cold and flu season. Another thought, if you have the room, we found an inexpensive used really small version of the climber/slide thing for Emma to play on, especially while she's too small to go on the bigger ones and it's in our TV Room so she has access anytime. If you have the room it would be great for Kellen, Bonnie and their visitors. Just a thought...loved your V-day flowers.